Hey all, Dani here.
I feel so honored to have been selected for the Sunshine Blogger Award again, this time by Amanda over at Peaks and Pages. Honestly what is awesome about this tag is that you can do it multiple times because the questions change each time. Also, go check out Amanda’s blog because she is wonderful and has some awesome posts.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
This award is given to those who are creative, positive, and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
How does it work?
-Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog.
-Answer 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
-Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
-List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your blog.
1. What were your favorite books growing up?
Oh man, that is a tough question. I read soooo many books when I was growing up, and I’m sad that I can’t remember them all because I didn’t have something like Goodreads to keep track of my reading progress. I wish I had filled a notebook with what I read, but I didn’t think about wanting a record of everything I’d read.
Anyway, I absolutely was obsessed with the Animorphs series, and I still own every single one of them. Obviously Harry Potter was a staple of my time in high school-college. There are probably so many more answers that I’m just not thinking of right now, so I’m going to stop with those.
2. Where is your favorite place to read?
I suppose right now my favorite place to read is on my couch, all curled up with a blanket, with a drink and maybe some snacks on the side table.
3. Which genres do you read the most?
Fantasy is still my favorite genre, though paranormal and sci-fi are also good. I guess lately I’ve also been reading more contemporary than I used to.
4. Who is your favorite author?
Y’all know I don’t like picking favorites. There are so many amazing authors I love. Just to name some of my faves: Rachel E. Kelly, Jim C. Hines, Brandon Sanderson, Richelle Mead, Morgan Rhodes, Adam Silvera, Renee Ahdieh…the list could go on and on.
5. What’s a trope or cliché that you’re tired of seeing?
I’m tired of seeing love triangles, which mostly seem to consist of one person who can’t decide which of two others they like. How about more books that focus on strong relationships that don’t have the drama of one possibly cheating on the other? You can find the excitement/drama in other aspects of the story.
6. Who is your OTP?
Hmm…most of the time I’m good with who characters choose to partner with in stories, but I guess I’ll say that I’ve always wished that Neville Longbottom and Luna Lovegood had ended up together.
7. What is your favorite book-to-screen adaptation?
The Perks of Being a Wallflower, I suppose is the one I’ll say for this question. You don’t get a better adaptation than one that was written and directed by the book’s author.
8. What is your reading beverage of choice?
I really like drinking a good sweet tea. Though a nice caramel cappuccino (hot or frappuccino) is also good.
9. What’s the most disappointing book you’ve read this year?
Well, this year just started, so I haven’t really had any disappointing reads yet, but the lowest rated reads for me so far have been Between the Blade and the Heart by Amanda Hocking, and The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West, both of which I gave 4 stars to, so by no means disappointing.
10. What is a sequel you’re highly anticipating?
The Heart Forger by Rin Chupeco, More Than We Can Tell by Brigid Kemmerer, Love & War by Melissa de la Cruz, The Emerald Sea by Richelle Mead, Access Restricted by Gregory Scott Katsoulis, The Towering Sky by Katharine McGee, and The Winter of the Witch by Katherine Arden, just to name a few.
11. What are some diverse books you’ve read and loved?
Why don’t you go check out my Diverse Reads recommendations post for the answer to that question. Of course, I can now absolutely add Love, Hate & Other Filters to that list.
Okay, well now I’m supposed to nominate 11 people. Oh boy–I don’t think I’ll be able to rattle off that many right now. I guess here we go:
- Katie at Never Not Reading
- Kathy at Books & Munches
- Flavia at Flavia the Bibliophile
- Holly at Nut Free Nerd
- Amber at Step into a Book World
- Kristin at Kristin Kraves Books
- YOU! (Because all of you are wonderful, and the book blog community is filled with people who all deserve this awesome Sunshine Blogger Award)
I guess that just leaves the 11 questions for me to ask you.
- What is a bookish goal you have for 2018?
- If you could have any 2018 ARC in your hands right now, what would you want most?
- What are your favorite kinds of posts to write?
- Do you plan out what posts you want to write in a particular week/month/etc or do you just write them up when you get an idea?
- How long have you been book blogging?
- How do you balance work/school/etc with reading and blogging?
- What is your favorite book to TV series adaptation?
- How often do you try and read?
- What is your reading and reviewing process like?
- I know it’s still really early in the year, but what has been your favorite read of 2018 so far?
- What are some books you want more people to read? (Give me your book recommendations!)
All right, well that’s all for today, and I’ll see you guys soon (hopefully) for another post.
4 thoughts on “Sunshine Blogger Award (3)”
Thank you for nominating me! I love the questions that you asked!
LikeLiked by 2 people
You’re welcome, and I’m glad you like my questions. Sometimes I have trouble coming up with them, so I pretty much just go with the first things that pop in my head. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Congratulations on your award!! Kicking ass and blogging (:
LikeLiked by 1 person