Book Tag, Books!, Signal Boost

Reading Habits Book Tag

Hey all, Dani here.

Today’s book tag is one I recently saw posted by Rachael over at rachaelrexds page and it sounded like one of those fun get to know you type tags, which I find to be enjoyable too. Oftentimes they are actually easier to answer than tags where you have to select books for answers anyway. This tag was created by TheBookJazz and you can find the original video here.

Let’s just go ahead and get started.

1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?

I have a reading chair I’ll be putting in my library/study once everything is all set up, and the couch in the living room is pretty comfy for reading as well.

2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?

Bookmarks–about 95% of the time. The other 5% I use whatever paper I can find, at least until I make it home to grab a proper bookmark. For really cool metal bookmarks, I recommend checking out the Colorworld Books store, and there are also numerous bookmark creators on Etsy if you’d like to fall into that gorgeous time suck of staring at the variety of designs and more.

3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/a certain amount of pages?

I prefer to stop at the end of a chapter, but I can stop anywhere if I have to.

4. Do you eat or drink while reading?

Sometimes, but I’m a bit choosy about what I pick to snack on; I don’t want to risk leaving food smears and stains in my books.

5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?

Yes. I like having background noise while I read. I will say though that typically what I have on the TV has to be something that I’m familiar with, something I don’t necessarily have to pay attention to.

6. One book at a time or several?

Several. Definitely several. I’ll have random books in each of my bags and sometimes in various rooms, all in different stages of completion. And since I’m a mood reader it is helpful to have options. So I’ll typically be reading varying genres and age ranges at any given time.

7. Reading at home or everywhere?

I will read anywhere I can: at home, at work, in the car, at social gatherings or sporting events…if I have a few minutes where I can squeeze in reading, you better believe I’m going to read.

8. Read out loud or silently in your head?

Silently…unless there’s a passage that sounds like it needs to be read aloud to be truly appreciated. This will probably happen several times this weekend when I pick up Rupi Kaur’s The sun and her flowers for the 24 hour Readathon by Zoe.

9. Do you read ahead or skip pages?

Why would I read ahead or skip pages? That would mean spoilers and/or missing important details.

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?

Like new! What kind of monster purposefully breaks the spine on a book?

11. Do you write in your books?

No! Unless it is a journal or a workbook, you know, the kind of books that you are meant to write in. I had a professor in university, my academic adviser, and she politely teased me in class for being a book purist. Practically every other student jotted down notes in the margins, or highlighted all over their books; the professor added notes each time she taught the class. I just can’t do it.

Okay, so since this tag has been around since 2012, I have no idea who all has already completed it. If this sounds fun to you and you’re looking for another tag to toss into your blogging schedule, then consider yourself TAGGED!

That’s all for today, and I’ll be back tomorrow with my next TBR Purge post, and then Thursday I’ll have my next book recommendation post with a focus on fantasy reads.

3 thoughts on “Reading Habits Book Tag”

  1. This is such a nice tag! I don’t really write in books, but I love getting library/second-hand books and seeing little scribbles from other people, or the passages they liked most underlined. I think it gives the book a bit of history 🙂

    Liked by 1 person

    1. If I had to get a book for one of my university classes and the only ones available in the bookstore were used copies, I would sit there and flip through every one so I could pick whichever had the fewest markings inside.

      Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s