Hey all, Dani here.
Sorry for how late my post came up yesterday. I thought I had scheduled it for 11 am, but as it turns out, I must have accidentally clicked pm, so by the time I was able to pop on to reply to any comments, it was already so much later than I would have liked to post.
Anyway, I have stockpiled quite a few tags and awards and such over the past month or so, and those are proving to be super helpful for posting in November. Being able to answer all the questions and just schedule these posts is giving me a bit of extra time for writing and also reading.
This particular award I was nominated for by Jenna from J.K. I’m Exploring. So thank you Jenna for nominating me for this award, and I recommend people go check out her blog because she is pretty great.
So, let’s just jump into it, shall we?
This tag was originally created by Okoto Enigma. Here are the rules:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
3 Things About Me
- I don’t wear makeup, and the only ways I style my hair are: down, ponytail, or bun, and I’d rather just wear jeans or lounge pants and a t-shirt instead of dressing up.
- I was definitely a band geek in school. I was in marching band, concert band, pep band, jazz band, “hobo” band, county honor’s band, county honor’s orchestra, and the All-Ohio State Fair Band. I played flute and piccolo mostly, but I also taught myself piano, guitar, trombone, and oboe. Currently I am working on learning pennywhistle so I can start playing Irish flute, and I’m learning the chanter so I can maybe try playing bagpipes.
- If I won the lottery, I would pay off my student loans and then go back to school to finally get my doctorate. After that I would spend a couple months or so traveling before finally settling down (hopefully) at one of my dream jobs.
Questions From Jenna
- If you could only read one book for the rest of your life what would it be? (if you want a series, it can only be one book in the series)
Man, I hate having to make decisions like this. Okay, fine. I guess right now if I had to pick only one book, it would be Dreamworld by Rachel E Kelly
- Are you a book hoarder or do you swear by the library?
Book hoarder for life! lol. But seriously, I love having my own library
- How many books have you DNF’d this year? What were your reasons?
Okay, so I have actually DNF’d a book, something I very rarely do. That was King’s Cage by Victoria Aveyard. I liked the first book, the second book was boring and I had to force myself to trudge through it, but the ending gave me hope for the third book. It took me so long to even reach the halfway point, and I just can’t keep forcing myself to continue on. Sorry to the people who still love this series.
- If you could move to one country, where would you move? Also, what would be your dream job there?
Umm…again with picking just one. I want to travel all over. For now my choice is Ireland. And for dream job I’ll go with English professor. Though honestly, if I could get to where I could make a living as a book blogger or maybe a book blogger and vlogger, then I’d be totally fine with that too.
- What book has been on your physical TBR the longest? Your Goodreads one?
I don’t have a designated area for physical books as a TBR, but I think one of the books I’ve had on my to-read list the longest is probably The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood. I know, I really need to read it.
Questions I’m Asking
- If you could co-write a novel with any author, who would you want to work with?
- What has been your favorite and least favorite read of 2017 so far?
- If you had to live in one TV show for a whole year, which would you choose and why?
- What is your most anticipated release of 2018?
- You get to go on an all expenses paid vacation for one week with an author. Where are you going and which author is going with you?
How am I supposed to choose 10-20 people? I’m in the middle of NaNoWriMo right now, and actually I’m pretty far behind at the moment. Okay lovely people, if you would like to have this award and answer my questions, then I nominate you.
Some of my best posts
Hmm…I suppose my recommendations posts have been pretty good. So far I’ve done banned books, LGBTQ+, fantasy, paranormal, romance, and sci-fi. I also really liked doing an Ask Me Anything post, and think I’ll do another one of those soon-ish.
Well, that’s all for today. Now I think I need to try and get some NaNo writing accomplished.